I have over 10 years experience designing and developing websites and web tools. Most of my experience has been the development of front-end interfaces, but also have created and implemented back-end tools and functionality.
I have also taught website development skills and concepts at the graduate and undergraduate levels, and also served as a website tutor for over a year. Website Design and Development was the focus of my undergraduate degree, New Media Interactive Development, and a prioritized sucject in my Master's Degree.
Most website development work has been for larger organizations, but I have owned and operated a website development company for over 5 years. This allowed me to apply these skilsl in varied environments for clients with differentiated needs.
Furthermore, I am knowledgeable and skilled with many web technoliges, especailly Wordpress, and have even developed administration tools of my own.
Some web projects are listed below. Not all projects are listed. Most websites I develop are smaller components of a larger site, or only visible to a select few. Some projects I developed recently have been changed or modified by others, no longer exist, or are too old to showcase here.
Some websites I developed for professional businesses and orgnizations, and others are for personal interest and development. The approach is different from other websites. My goal is to meet the client's expectations while maintaining a modest budget and reasonable timeframe.
- Amalgam Web and Media - This is the website for Amalgam Web and Media, the website development and media design company I started in July of 2009.
- Portfolio Press - This is a website I created for a service of Amalgam Web and Media. This website offers an easy to use professional portfolio website with additional services included with the package.
- UserInteraction.net - Currently under development, this weblog addresses concerns related to web developement, user interface design, multimedia, and more. It also allows people to discuss topics related to the field.
- IconStudy.com - This website is the survey tool I created to efficiently and effectively gather data for my master's thesis. The design is minimalist, as I did not want it to detract from the site's purpose.
- Francesca's Cucina - I created this website for a restaurant in Syracuse, NY. It also includes a Flash animation in its header. Part of appropriate user interaction design is to convey the meaning and purpose of a website through visuals.
- Sebrie Photography (Seniors) - This is a website marketing a senior portrait service in Florida. I also integrated a Flash animation on the home page. This website advertises a photography company’s senior niche. The design differs from the main site (which I also developed).
- Outdoor Equipment Supplier - This is a website where visitors can order camping supplies, tents, and accessories. It was developed to be simple, clear, and easy to use.